Since No Man’s Sky on PS4 released a couple of weeks ago the team has been incredibly busy. We’ve gathered all the support requests to email@example.com, but we’re also tracking posts on Reddit, PS4 forums, twitter and anywhere we can find online.
Right now the team is fully focused on categorising and fixing support issues in order of priority, based on the number of people they are affecting. The information and crash dumps you’ve posted have been indispensable in helping us track down and fix these issues.
We’ve now released 7 patches (1.07 just got posted), and hopefully they really improve the experience for everybody. As you can see it’s been a huge amount of work for a small team. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
This week expect at least one more major update, which will enter testing on Wednesday. Once all our support requests have been answered then we can begin improving the game with new features :)
See below for combined notes from 1.04, 1.05, 1.06 and 1.07 (which were incremental and each launched within a day or so of each other).
Objectives and stuck without Hyper-drive Issues
- Player no longer able to redeem your pre-order ship at a point which would then prevent you learning the hyper-drive blueprint (and if you have done this, we save you).
- Player no longer able to bypass being sent to find hyper-drive tech by reloading a save in game at a very specific point.
Getting Stuck in the world
- It was possible for players to save their game stuck under the terrain, leaving them stuck. This was caused by getting shot down in atmosphere, and their ship reaching ridiculous speeds as it crashed to the planet. This has been resolved.
- Whilst it won’t happen anymore, if you are currently already stuck under the world, we detect this and do our best to rescue you.
- Fixed a couple of other low repro bugs that could result in you falling through the world and getting stuck underground.
- A raycast in some space stations could hit a very specific point that would put the player inside the floor.
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to be thrown in the sky at high speed when taking off (in rare cases could in turn lead to getting stuck).
- Fixed an issue that would cause your ship to get stuck in terrain and prevent you from taking off, if the player managed to out run generation of terrain LOD 1, and land inside an overhang.
- Some players were unable to achieve the extreme survival journey milestone, this has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where some players had some technology types being reported as “already known” when they weren’t actually known.
- Under some circumstances a message was sometimes misinforming you that you learnt a blueprint when you hadn’t, this has been fixed now.
- It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.
- There was a bug that could cause objective markers to disappear when you loaded a previous save. This is fixed now.
- Fixed a rare issue when scanning creatures that would cause all planets to show as 100% complete even if you had only completed one.
Save / Load
- Fixed a bug what could cause some corrupt save games to not be loaded, this is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue where saves made with the system clock set in the future could cause problems.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes happen when warping into a system with a space battle in progress.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when interacting with an NPC.
Tweaks and Improvements
- It is now easier to scan flying creatures.
- Fixed height and weight stats being the wrong way around for creatures.
- Gek towers can no longer be interacted with repeatedly.
- The ‘You have unredeemed items’ message will now only show for the first 5 minutes.
- Fixed getting 0% charge on Photon Cannon when buying a new ship and constantly being prompted to charge it.
- Reduce Suit VO for life support warnings and only do life support VO on 25% and 50%.
- Fixed grave being transferred to the new star system after you warp.
- Fixed toxic protection 3 (theta) from having the wrong name.
- Fixed incorrect marking of sea caves under floating islands.
- Turning down music and SFX volume in the options will now work correctly (mutes the VO also).
- If you change ship or multi-tool and then revert to previous save the ship should now be the one you had at the time.
- Atlas station collision improvements to prevent you from bumping into them too much.
- Fix for the stars not being discarded during load/warp (causing duplicate stars).
Crash after warping
- Occasionally at random the game would lock up after a warp. This was due to very specific timing in hardware (a threading specific bug) – meaning that unfortunately for some people it was regular, and for others they would never be able to recreate it. This was our most reported crash during gameplay, and has now been resolved.
Game failing to save until you died
- If the player died, and then loaded the game ten times without saving, and then died, player progress wouldn’t be saved from then on until you died again. This is fixed now! This was also causing player’s saves to grow in size.
Crash fixes in scanning
- Quite a rare crash, but in certain scenarios it was possible to scan from space or on planet and crash the game.
Crash warping inside a freighter
- When warping into a battle sometimes the player warped into the inside of a freighter and everything went crazy :( – This is fixed now.
Stranded in Space Station
- If you died in your ship while in atmosphere of a planet with a damaged ship, you could respawn in a space station with your launch thrusters and pulse engine damaged. If you did not have the resources to fix them then you could no longer take off and be stuck there. This will no longer happen.
Loading Corrupted Save Files
- Some players have corrupted save files, we’ve been working with them to still load saves even if they are corrupted (this can happen for many reasons outside of the games control). This fix has allowed many players to still load their save even if they have become corrupt.
Crash fixes for next three most commonly reported issues:
- As the player gathers a huge amount of discoveries, there was a threading issue that becomes more prevalent the more discoveries you have, and could cause the game to crash.
- If you had collected a large number of blueprints, in a specific order it was possible to crash the game when you received a new blueprint. This has been fixed.
- Players who set a large number of waypoints could find themselves in a situation where they could crash the game in the Galactic Map, this is remedied now (PS. A better waypoint system is coming).
Overall these fixes should remedy around 80% of our current support requests. We’re working on the next 20% right now. If you are still experiencing issues please do click the support button on http://www.no-mans-sky.com/