No Man’s Sky is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated galaxy.
No Man’s Sky has been in our heads for a very long time. In fact, it has its roots in Sean Murray’s experiences growing up on a ranch in the Australian outback. It was the true middle of nowhere, where if something went wrong you were told to just stay where you were and light a fire at an exact time every day, and hope that someone would find you.
The night sky was filled with more stars than you’ve ever seen, and we’ve all thought that this is exactly where videogames would go, videogames that contained the whole universe, and you’d be able to visit it all.
No Man’s Sky takes that jump – it’s the game we’ve always wanted to make.
- A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE If you can see it, you can go there. You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
- EXPLORATION IS SEEING THINGS THAT NO-ONE ELSE HAS EVER SEEN BEFORE Every creature, geological formation, plant and spaceship is unique.
- SURVIVE ON A DANGEROUS FRONTIER You are alone and vulnerable, and will face threat everywhere, from deep space to thick forests, barren deserts to dark oceans.
- BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY Collect precious materials and trade them for better spacecraft and upgrades for your suit and equipment and prepare for your journey to the centre of the galaxy.
- A SHARED UNIVERSE Choose to share with other players your discoveries on a map of the galaxy. Strike out for unexplored frontiers or build your strengths in known space.
- 65DAYSOFSTATIC SOUNDTRACK Our favourite band, 65daysofstatic, is producing a soundtrack album especially for No Man’s Sky, which will be featured in the game as a procedurally generated soundscape.
'Update 1.2 – Path Finder' trailer
‘Update 1.1 – Foundation’ trailer
No Man’s Sky on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert
E3 2015 keynote presentation
Logo & Icon
- “No words to describe it. Poetry. And from a four-person indie studio too. This has rocketmanned straight to the very top of my Most Wanted list.”– Alec Meer, Rock Paper Shotgun
- “Succeed or fail, No Man’s Sky is a clear bid to create one of those special games that defines a generation. Already, I can’t take my eyes off it.”– Christian Donlan, Eurogamer
- “Wow. No Man’s Sky just stole the show at the VGX”– Owen Good, Kotaku
- “Three coders and an artist working in a modest Guildford studio have suddenly found themselves creating one of the most talked-about games in the entire industry.”– Edge, Edge Online
No Man’s Sky soundtrack
The Sheffield-based band 65daysofstatic will be writing No Man’s Sky soundtrack. Find out more at 65daysofstatic.com.
No Man’s Sky trailer music
The tracks featured on No Man’s Sky debut and E3 trailers are Debutante and Pacify by 65daysofstatic, both available on the album We Were Exploding Anyway, which is available from 65daysofstatic.limitedrun.com.
About Hello Games
We’re the tiny developer behind Joe Danger and No Man’s Sky, and we’re dedicated to the craft of creating games that will make you cry joyful rainbow tears.
More information on Hello Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
No Man’s Sky Credits